What You Need to Know:
If you have a smartphone, you likely need no explanation. iPhone users use the iTunes store to download mobile apps, among other things, via their mobile devices (iPhones, iPads and other devices). Non-iPhone (Android O/S) users also download apps in a similar fashion. Most apps are free, some cost.
This “downloading” of the app is the key difference between a “mobile app” and a “mobile site” (explained below).
The truth is that, in our opinion, apps and “mobile sites” can achieve almost exactly the same goals in most cases. Whether an app or a mobile site — or both is best for your business depends upon the organization’s goals.
Do you want:
- to interact with current customers?
- to “give away” an app to the general public or current clients to promote your business?
- greater visibility on the local market when people search for businesses and professionals?
- to provide customers and the public real-time GPS directions to your office or store?
- to offer mobile discounts and promotions to improve your bottom line?
- to finally jump on the QR code bandwagon?
- to show videos, menus, items, products, services, in an easy to navigational manner?
- to make your current website actually usable when visited by a mobile user?
This is where we come in, and we have good news: Apps AND Mobile Sites can accomplish all of the above and much more. Whether one or another makes sense for your business depends on how you want to implement those benefits, and in what ways you wish to accomplish the predetermined goals you have listed upon completion of your planning session with our head consultant – always free*
*Schedule a telephone consultation (10 minutes) by contacting us here.
What You Need to Know:
“Mobile Sites” differ from “Mobile Apps” in that a mobile site does not need to be downloaded from iTunes or an Android market. Regular web users will find your site normally and nothing will change for them. However, you will have a new mobile domain (for example, a “www.m.yourregularsite.com,” or “www.yourregularssite.mobi.” With our help, your existing website can AUTOMATICALLY detect whether the visitor is using a mobile phone. If so, they will be directed to the new, sleek mobile site we create for you.
For example, the “Before” image below represents what one client’s website looked like before consulting our company. It was nearly impossible for the average phone user to navigate. Now, when a mobile user is searching for this professional or his services and they find his site, they will be met with a user-friendly, easy-to-use mobile experience.